Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
27.10.2018 - 29.10.2018
Luxembourg can be expensive so few things I've discovered to be FREE while visiting the city:
• Musee de la Banque: multiple areas dedicated to banking history in Luxembourg, architectural history of the buildings, banking technology, etc in a very nice layout inside the Banque Caisse d’Epargne de l’Etat building. Surprisingly much more interesting that it sounds. FREE
• Contemporary Art Gallery “am Tunnel”. Contemporary art exhibition in the tunnels below the bank buildings linking one with each other. Very contemporary space which greatly enhances the displayed art. FREE
• Walkway under Pont Adolphe bridge. Suspended in the air walkway with cycling path under the actual bridge. Different way of enjoying city views. FREE
• Cathedral Notre-Dame. Explore the gran Cathedral and the Royal Crypt for FREE.
• Ascenseur Panoramique du Paffenthal: a panoramic lift to Pfaffenthal quarter of the city. Fantastic panoramic views from the glass bottom platform. FREE
• Self-guided walking tour
-Wenzel walking tour: covering the areas such as Grund, Corniche and old medieval walls. FREE
-Pfeffenthal walking tour: covering lower part of the town within Pfeffenthal. FREE
• Villa Vauben – Museum of Art of the City of Luxemburg. Fantastic display of art representing Luxemburg’s artistic modern expression and so much more. FREE
• City Bus. FREE every Saturday to encourage people 'to hit the shops. This covers LUX Airport also!